Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My Fabulous Daddy!


Most of you already know that my Dad is battling Colon Cancer. To refresh and update everyone: On Oct. 21, 2009, Dad found out he had colon cancer that had also moved to his liver. He had surgery to remove the tumor that was almost blocking the colon only to have a setback during recovery. After he had come home, he developed a blockage at the resection sight from dried blood and was back in the hospital for 2 more weeks. Needless to say, when he did come home, he was very weak and struggling to eat and drink. During this time he had a pet scan to determine any other activity. A few days later he started to get jaundiced and had test to see why this was happening. When he met back with his cancer Dr. we found out the liver was causing the jaundice and the pet scan showed activity in the liver, lymph nodes around the liver and a small spot near the lungs. So after options were offered, questions were asked, Dad decided to begin his chemo that day. I really feared for him, as he looked so weak and helpless.
To my surprise.....2 days later he had no jaundice and was moving around the house like a Nascar driver with his walker! That was almost 2 weeks ago. I have been sick, so I am staying away from the house, but last word (yesterday) I heard, after his Dr. appointment, he trekked over the Sharp Shopper with Mom and Kim for groceries! You go Daddy!!

2 comments:

  1. Great news Grand-daddy! Prayers are still being said for you, but keep working hard! You are an amazing fighter! I just love you "big bit!"

    XoXo - little bit

    ReplyDelete