Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Our Capitol
















In August, Tyler and I took a 4 day trip to Washington D.C. I will have to say we had a great time. After we both figured out which way the Metro was running, it was a breeze to get around the whole city. One of the most important places Tyler wanted to go was the Holocaust Museum. Since this was our vacation, I let him decide where, when and how long we would stay at each place. We toured the Holocaust Museum, Museum of Natural History, Space and Aeronautic Museum, we walked from the Washington Monument to the Lincoln Monument, only to walk past the Washington all the way to the Capitol Building. Took a tour of it and on to the Library of Congress by way of the tunnel. Oh and stood under scaffolding during a freak thunderstorm while trying to find the White House. A highlight of the day was watching Marine 1 come over and land on the White House Lawn, right over our heads. I thought Tyler was going to lay a gold egg......On the day we headed home, we went to Mt. Vernon, Washington's home. Tyler really enjoyed this since he had seen it in the movie "National Treasure II". We were too late for that tour, but maybe the next time.

2 comments:

  1. Mom, I can't get over what great clear pictures you have on here. Great photos all the way around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tyler loves this stuff!

    So glad you two had a blast....These are memories he'll remember for a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete